FARM TOURS 'KM ZERO' & TRUFFLE HUNTING
- Truffle Hunting Experience
- Farm-to-table tasting & lunch at the farms
- Available from 2-4* participants and family groups
- Seasons 2021 ♥ no extra costs ♥ on private tours on request.
Discover the best food tradition of Umbria from the prestigious truffle, to legumes and cheeses, craft beers and organic seasonal vegetable, visiting small family-run farms, local markets and food&wine events guided by Alessandra & Leonardo, your local experts 100% Umbrians!
Visit the region like an insider to discover what makes Umbria so unique: the food, the farms, the people, the scenery, and the fascinating natural and cultural history!
Discover the best of Umbria with us!
Truffle Hunting Experience
An exciting full morning searching for the most prestigious product of Umbria: the Black Truffle. The experience includes a walk in the tartufaia (selected wood for truffles) guided by an expert cavatore, truffle hunter and his dog. The tour ends with a special tasting of the fresh truffles with eggs 'frittata', crostini, local 'salumi' and wine home-made by the farm.
*Available starting from min. 4* participants (4 people booking together)
*From May to October
Farm tour "KM ZERO" & traditional Umbrian Lunch
Visit to an agriturismo to learn & get in touch with the local animals of Umbria: goats, sheep, pigs and piglets, chickens, turkeys, ducks &Co. and their happy free-ranged life. Meet up with the farmers to discover the differences between conventional farming vs. family farming and artisan food production. Following rich traditional "KM ZERO" (food grown only at the farm and at partnered farms located only in the same area) lunch Umbrian-style.
Craft beer tour
Visit to a birrificio agricolo, farm & microbrewery growing its own cereals, wheat and barley, used for the brewing process. Beer tasting and light lunch at the farm.
SPECIAL GUIDED TOURS DURING LOCAL WINE & FOOD FESTIVALS
Enjoy stories about local history, family farming, wine & artisan food production from your local experts, visiting the most important Wine & Food festivals in the area:
Our travel style:
- Individual and Small Private Group Tours: from 2-4 to max. 8 people. Our aim is to offer the best authentic and intimate experience to our guests. Private tours on request with no extra costs in 2021.
- Special for families with kids: some activities have been carefully planned following the desires of our little guests. Special discounted rates.
- Private Food Tours for Small Groups of max. 10-12 participants part of the same club, family or group of friends also available on request.
- Slow Traveling: no rush in our tours. All the visits are scheduled to enjoy the experience, in contact with the local people and their daily life.
- Meeting points in Todi (near Perugia), Bevagna, Montefalco, depending on the activity.
Click here for detailed itineraries, farm tours, local markets and food&wine events running during your stay in Umbria!