ON THE FOOD TRAILS
- Half day visits to microbreweries, farms & local markets in English
- Walk & Merenda [Italian style pic-nic] along the ancient paths
- Available from 2* participants all year round
- Suitable for families & kids
→Discover the best food tradition of Umbria from legumes to cheeses, craft beers and organic vegetable, visiting small family-run farms and food producers, local markets and food&wine events guided by your local experts 100% Umbrians!
→Enjoy the silence of our woods, breath fresh air and smell the perfumes of flowers and wild greens. A well deserved merenda, a pic nic Italian style, awaits you at the end of the trail.
NEW TOUR 2018! Craft beer
Visit to a birrificio agricolo, farm & microbrewery growing its own cereals, wheat and barley, used for the brewing process. Beer tasting and light lunch at the farm. Available starting from 2 participants
Walks & Merenda
The millenian history of Umbria has also been influenced from a gastronomic point of view. A large part of the region was inhabited first by the indigenous population of Umbri, then by the Etruscans and by the Romans. Our itineraries include a walk along the ancient Roman roads of Via Flaminia and Via Amerina ending with a relaxing pic-nic, to live the experience of a nineteen century traveler. Available starting from 3 participants.
- Option 1: Easy walk along the ancient Via Flaminia and the archaelogical park of Carsulae.
Total 4 Km/2.5 miles included the visit to the Roman ruins.
- Option 2: Long walk for expert walkers along the ancient Via Amerina in the stunning countryside near Todi.
Total 9.5 Km/5.9 miles
Hiking/running shoes mandatory. Each walk ends with a rich merenda, pic nic with local products. Walks run from late Spring to early Fall.
Our travel style:
- Individual and Small Group Tours: our Food Tours start from 2 participants to max. 8 people. Our aim is to offer the best authentic and intimate experience to our guests.
- Private Food Tours for Small Groups of max. 16-18 participants part of the same club, family or group of friends also available on request.
- Slow Traveling: no rush in our tours. All the visits are scheduled to enjoy the experience, in contact with the local people and their daily life.
- Meeting points in Todi (near Perugia), Bevagna, Montefalco, Orvieto, depending on the activity.
*** NEW! Special guided tours during local Food & Wine Festivals***
Click here for detailed itineraries, walks, local markets and food&wine events running during your stay in Umbria!