ON THE FOOD TRAILS
- Half day visits to farms, food & wine events in English
- Walks & Merenda [Italian style pic-nic] along ancient paths
- Available from 2* participants and family groups
- NEW! Special activities for families with kids
Discover the best food tradition of Umbria from legumes to cheeses, craft beers and organic vegetable, visiting small family-run farms and food producers, local markets and food&wine events guided by Alessandra & Leonardo, your local experts 100% Umbrians!
Enjoy the silence of our woods, breath fresh air and smell the perfumes of flowers and wild greens. A well deserved merenda, a pic nic Italian style, awaits you at the end of the trail.
Visit the region like an insider to discover what makes Umbria so unique: the food, the farms, the people, the scenery, and the fascinating natural and cultural history!
Discover the best of Umbria with us!
HALF DAY 'KM ZERO' FARM TOURS - FARM TO TABLE!
- Full morning visit to a local farm, agriturismo, meeting with the owner/producer to discover the differences between conventional farming vs. family farming and artisan food production.
- Visit to the farm and to the different crops and animals.
- Guided "KM ZERO" tasting/lunch (food grown only at the farm and at partnered farms located only in the same area) provided by the farm.
- Half day tours start in the morning.
- Duration about 3-4 hours.
◊ NEW! FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS
Farm tour & traditional Umbrian Lunch
Visit to an agriturismo to learn & get in touch with the local animals of Umbria: goats, sheep, pigs and piglets, chickens, turkeys, ducks &Co. and their happy free-ranged life. Following rich traditonal "KM ZERO" lunch Umbrian-style provided by the farm.
Craft beer tour
Visit to a birrificio agricolo, farm & microbrewery growing its own cereals, wheat and barley, used for the brewing process. Beer tasting and light lunch at the farm.
WALKS & 'MERENDA' PIC-NIC UMBRIAN STYLE
The millenian history of Umbria has also been influenced from a gastronomic point of view. A large part of the region was inhabited first by the indigenous population of Umbri, then by the Etruscans and by the Romans. Our itineraries include a walk along the ancient Roman roads of Via Flaminia and Via Amerina ending with a relaxing pic-nic, to live the experience of a nineteen century traveler.
◊ FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS
Easy walk along the ancient Via Flaminia and the archaelogical park of Carsulae to learn about the daily life in Roman times.
Total 4 Km/2.5 miles included the visit to the Roman ruins immersed in the stunning countryside of Umbria.
Following Umbrian style pic-nic.
Min. 4 participants
◊ FOR EXPERT WALKERS
Long walk for expert walkers along the ancient Via Amerina in the stunning countryside near Todi. Following Umbrian style pic-nic.
Total 9.5 Km/5.9 miles
Min. 4 participants
Hiking/running shoes mandatory. Each walk ends with a rich merenda, pic-nic with local products. Walks run only from late Spring to early Fall.
SPECIAL GUIDED TOURS DURING LOCAL WINE & FOOD FESTIVALS
Enjoy stories about local history, family farming, wine & artisan food production from your local experts, visiting the most important Wine & Food festivals in the area:
Our travel style:
- Individual and Small Group Tours: our Food Tours start from 2 participants to max. 8 people. Our aim is to offer the best authentic and intimate experience to our guests.
- Special for families with kids: some activities have been carefully planned following the desires of our little guests. Special discounted rates.
- Private Food Tours for Small Groups of max. 16-18 participants part of the same club, family or group of friends also available on request.
- Slow Traveling: no rush in our tours. All the visits are scheduled to enjoy the experience, in contact with the local people and their daily life.
- Meeting points in Todi (near Perugia), Bevagna, Montefalco, depending on the activity.
Click here for detailed itineraries, walks, local markets and food&wine events running during your stay in Umbria!