Clients - REFERENCES
- Our excursion with Alessandra and Leonardo was like spending the day with old friends.The drive was peppered with opportunities to photograph the countryside, interesting conversation about Slow Food and regional history and frequent laughter. They introduced us to the people and the places of family-run operations giving us an intimate experience with olive oil production and the opportunity to taste some of the best wines we've ever had. We ended this most memorable day with our bellies full of Italian delights, our head enriched with cultural contacts and our hearts warmed with Umbrian hospitality.
Dan and Chris Seese (USA)
- What I can say? From first contact through our stay – your are both wonderful. I hope your business grows and prosper. We especially appreciated the effort on green, wether it is travel, food, or wine. We certainly feel we have new friends in both of you.
Pat West (USA)
- It was a wonderful surprise to be hosted by people with such love for the treasures of their culture, such generosity with those treasures such care for us, and such care for the human and ecological worth of all sides of their business. We were made to feel so welcome and respected.
Kristina Boerger (USA)
- It felt we were taken care of by friend rather than an agency!
Tamara Tufani and Mehdi Berrada (Maroc)
- It was a pleasure to have to opportunity to know these kind, friendly and reliable people. Thank you again!
Judith Kovacs (Hungary)
- The people at Discovering Umbria are very nice, intelligent and kind. They know everything about Umbria, or rather Leonardo knows really everything from wines to history!
Julianna Girbicz (Hungary)
- We tasted Merlot and Grechetto wine accompanied by the perfect Umbrian food. It was unforgettable! Thanks Alessandra!
Anita Dawson (USA)
- I encourage everyone to visit Umbria. We had wonderful time and we really
appreciate the hospitality.
Robin Mountain, Direttore Ntaba Tours (USA)
- We were very very happy during our stay in Umbria!
Thank you very much!! In Umbria the air is clean, everything is green, and the
people are very nice. We were very relaxed.This travel with you is the best travel
I’ve ever done in Italy. I had the opportunity to meet many generous and honest
people.I will come back to Umbria one day!!
Makiko Takei (Japan)
- Thank you very much for your kindness and arrangement during our stay in Orvieto.
Without your guide and support, we could not fully go around sightseeing spots
with the limited time in Civita di Bagnoregio and Orvieto. Everything was very
good memory for us and especially my parents enjoyed a lot.
Thank you very much again and hope to see you again.
Rika Yamada e famiglia (Japan)
- Thank you for the spectacular weekend !!
Martha Herzok (Austria)
- We had a great time in Italy and one of the highlights was our time with you!
Tracy Miller (USA)
- Thank you very much for your professional way to take care of the of us!
Markus Swensson (Sweden)
- First of all, I want to thank you for the fabulous
professional, personal and exclusive series of tours you put together for us.
I could not have asked for anything better and we were all so pleased and impressed
with everything. Your programme coupled with my teaching for a full and wonderful
week of learning, eating and drinking for all.
Judy Gifford, Personal Chef, Head of the Programme of Italian Cooking, ‘La Dolce Vita' (Canada)
- 'Discovering Umbria' succeeds in providing a real experience of Umbrian
life, according to your wishes. I have been visiting Umbria for
20 years and time after time this wonderful region still surprises me. My
tip: don't let Umbria wait too long for you!
Anna Peeters, Director PerVoi - Travels in Italy (the Netherlands)
- We were very happy and satisfied with your arrangement and attendance.
Umbria is very beautiful !
Orvieto is very nice and lovely as well.
We were very relaxed and enjoyed visiting Assisi, Spoleto and Todi very much.
We loved Umbria and we miss it. Food was super ! Thank you very very much again
for everything you made for us.
Masanori, Makiko Hasebe and Hiroshi and Sachiko Tomizuka (Japan)
- Discovering Umbria was my guide (personal guide) all the time of my stay in
Umbria. They have been more that excellent and I would wish to have anyone better.
Regina Reznik (Australia)
- Thanks expecially to the staff I have had a really wonderful time in Orvieto.
They have been so helpful and friendly making me feel more like a friend than
a client. It has been one of the most beautiful places that I have visited in
over 30 years of travelling. I hope to return soon!
Kelly O’Meara (Australia)
- The experience with Discovering Umbria and the wine tasting was great and
now we are tasting the wines with our best friends!
I would like to thank you again all the people of the staff for the organization,
generosity and the pleasure to share this experience.
Susanna Rosti Rossini (UK)
- Very impressed with all the assistance given by the staff – full of fun, interest
in their clients, very hepful.
Peter and Leonie Howe (Australia)
- I really loved Umbria and will come back definitely. I will advise everyone
to use Discovering Umbria assistance. I wish you well with your great business.
Lodder (The Netherlands)
- Umbria very wonderful!Great time
Bethe Cohen (USA)
- Thank you again for making our week in Umbria so special.
Sharon Lodder (Canada)
- Our local guides were wonderful.
Linda Elmann (USA)
- Discovering Umbria is a very professional and friendly service. I would recommend
your company very highly.
Susan Knott (Canada)
- A very enlightening, playful and 'up close and personal' view on the fine art of Italian cuisine. I learned, by doing, some things you will never read in books on cooking. I even learned that some of the things I thought were Italian ways of doing things in the kitchen (for example cold water over the pasta, black pepper in the tomato sauce) were not Italian at all. I came home wiser and with a smile on my face.
Johan van de Beek, Maastricht (The Netherlands)
- I felt so welcome. The food was great and the language course fun and well done!
Elizabeth Beckmann, Vancouver (Canada)
- I forgot the noise of the big city, walking in the country, feeling the fresh air. After a walk, please stop in a trattoria far from the city. All the dishes are home made! I am sure that you will come back again.
Tsuneko Tatsukawa, Tokyo (Japan)
- We still think back to our wonderful cooking afternoon in Orvieto. Also the underground visit was great!
Raymond and Marga, Lanaken (Belgium)
- Wonderful first trip to Italy. I will be back again with family and friends.
Wendy Cowan, Vancouver (Canada)
- Wine tasting in Umbria was a big surprise: quality was the biggest surprise, followed quickly by the impact of place and beauty and by such wonderful people. Highly recommended, and you need a guide to the best.
Bill Ranken, Melbourne (Australia)
- A great experience! I am sure that, back home again, I am going to make the menu again.
Marie-Jose van der Wielen, Grathem (The Netherlands)